Data protection policy
This is a statement of the data protection policy adopted by HFH Healthcare.
We need to collect and use certain types of personal information about the people we deal with, such as current, past and prospective employees, patients, members, affiliates, suppliers, clients/customers, and others with whom we communicate.
In addition, we may occasionally be required, either by law or to carry out our responsibilities as a regulator and a professional body, to collect, use and share certain types of personal information to comply with the requirements of government departments, agencies and regulators.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, all organisations which handle personal information must comply with a number of important principles regarding the privacy and disclosure of this information.
We believe that the lawful and correct treatment of personal information is critical to our successful operation, and to maintaining our members' confidence in us. We recognise that, to maintain our reputation and integrity as an open and professional organisation, we must be fully compliant with this legislation.
Therefore we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of data protection set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 and will:
- fully observe the conditions regarding the fair collection and use of personal information
- meet our legal obligations to specify the purposes for which we use personal information
- only collect and process the personal information needed to carry out our business or to comply with any legal requirements
- ensure that the personal information we use is as accurate as possible
- ensure that we don't hold personal information any longer than is necessary
- ensure that people know about their rights to see the personal information we hold about them
- take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information; and
- ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards.
In addition, we will ensure that:
- there is someone with specific responsibility for data protection in the organisation, HFH's Data Protection Officer
- we regularly review and audit how we handle personal information
- the ways we handle personal information are clearly described
- everyone handling personal information understands that they are responsible for following good practice
- everyone handling personal information is appropriately trained and properly supervised
- we regularly assess the performance of people who handle personal information
- anybody wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information knows what to do; and
- queries about handling personal information are deal with promptly and courteously
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. To do so please write to HFH Healthcare Ltd, Tuition House, 27-37 St George’s Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 4EU. We charge a £10 fee for this service.
You can get a written copy of this policy from HFH's Data Protection Officer via our contact us form.